Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Strange Evening: Conclusion

And now for the conclusion of this adventure…


“Stop right there!”  I yelled out as I chased the fellow around the back of Adams Apple Incorporated.  By that point, my dream of having a quiet evening back at my apartment was long gone, but something much more important was at stake!  I made it around the corner in time to see him slip in through a door at the back of the building. 

Just as I reached the door, I heard him yelling at the top of his voice, “STOP!  Don’t come any further Virus or else!”  Cautiously, I bent down and peeked through the window in the door.  There he was standing in the middle of the room at gunpoint with three sinister characters surrounding him. 

The leader stepped forward and with a snarl on his face said, “Or else what, you can’t do anything to us now.  We already let out all your precious stores of Triiodothyronine and Thyroxine.  Pretty soon, we’ll be living the dream.”

“You don’t know what you’ve done Virus.  Code Name T3 and T4 have to be monitored very closely.  If you let too many of them out, they can cause all sorts of chaos throughout the city!”

“Do you think I don’t know that?  Hahahaha, what do you think we’re here for if not to bring Hyperthyroidism down on the city?  Your dreams of homeostasis are at an end!”

“Think again Virus punks!”  I yelled as I swung into action.  Their interchange had given me just enough time to locate the power and turn out the lights.  I took advantage of the confusion to knock out two of the thugs.  My ally (by circumstance) took care of the other, and, when we hit the lights again, the Virus crew was down for the count.  We tied them up and waited for the local leukocytic police to arrive.  

When all was said and done, I learned that the man I’d originally been following had been in charge of monitoring the activity of AAI and the stores of T3 and T4.  When he had discovered how belligerent the T3 and T4 had become, he knew there had to be something wrong at AAI headcounters.  With the mystery solved and Virus crew under arrest, I returned back to the peace and quiet of my apartment room.  The stores of T3 and T4 might be a little low in the coming weeks, but all I cared about was a nice refreshing drink and some peace and quiet for a change.  Now, where was I…
  

That’s all for the adventures of Jack Tracer in The Strange Evening.  Were your suspicions confirmed?  Tune in next time for another exciting episode of Jack Tracer – Private Eye.








Medical Morales to Remember:

  • Hyperthyroidism – overactive thyroid
  • S/S of Hyperthyroidism: Nervousness, heat intolerance, increased sweating, fatigue, goiter, increased appetite, weight loss, palpitations, flushing, protruding eyes, itching, fine brittle hair and hair loss, tremor, high systolic BP, insomnia, irritability
  • Thyroiditis – inflammation of the thyroid, can be caused by infectious processes among other things.  Normally occurs in three phases: hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism and a return to normal thyroid function.
  • Thyrotoxicosis - high thyroid hormone levels in the blood stream
  • Thyroid hormones - T4 thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3)
  • Leukocytes – white blood cells


Additional Resources:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please consider following Nurseables on Facebook or Twitter so that you don't miss any of the tales!